Monday, 16 July 2007

A Digital-Age Child

Noah is a typical boy (well as much as I can say that having only just the one son to base that surmise on). In this particular case I mean he hates to get dressed and would rather spend his time on the Wii or the PS2. So we have to find interesting ways to 'motivate' him to do as we ask. One thing that nearly always works is to time him (I'm sure other parents must use this technique) - he just loves the challenge and competition of seeing how quickly he can do it, or whether he can beat his sisters or his dad or me!



But get this. I'm 'timing' him the other day, I don't actually have to do any counting or timing whatsoever though, as long as I give him some sort of numerical answer he's as happy as can be, so I can just say whatever pops in to my head '3', '72.675', '9 3/4', you get the picture. Anyway, he's upstairs getting dressed, I'm downstairs 'counting' in my head when I hear him shout down for me to PAUSE! Pause? Pause? Apparently his t-shirt is inside out and this means that the timing should be paused until normal service can resume.



You know your children live in a digital age when they start thinking that they can pause life not just live tv!

0 comments:

Post a Comment