How decadent. And blissful. And funny and energising and yummy.
Lots of chat, lots of laughter, lots of cakes and cookies, lots of scampi and chips washed down with Pimms (provided by Corinna - thank you), and not a little bit of spending. Unfortunately, or should I say expectedly, not a lot of scrapping but hey, crops aren't about cropping. Are they?
I did manage a whole 2 layouts, one of which is a double, and here they are.
Bedbugs is really simple but I love it. It looks so soft and flumpy (?). The patterned paper actually had a pink background but I chalked it blue to match the duvet on the bed. I actually used some of the stash that came with that Heidi Swapp kit Costco were selling. The chipboard alphabets for the title. I love, love this photo of the girls, even if it is a few years old now. Katarina with her nose in a book as usual and Harriet pretending to read a book but actually clowning around. Look at her scrunched up little face.
And One December Day is based on a Becky Fleck sketch which I've been wanting to use for ages. Now I have. The main photo is one of Richards favourites of the children and again I have used the Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas. I also used some of my Primas stashed but as I couldn't for the life of me find some navy ones I had to use a Sharpie pen and colour over some green ones. I also like that I've managed to include quite a few photos from this day out.
So that's it. The sum total of my efforts yesterday. But I did have a great time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment