And I feel like I am today.
I run with a friend. A very good friend. She must be because she let me talk her into running with me. The thing is we found last week, week 3, quite hard and decided that we would run week 3 again this week. Give us time to get just a bit fitter before moving on to the next week.
Unfortunately when we went for our run on Monday I forgot to check which week my C25K iPhone app was set to (it automatically moves forward to the next session once you have finished a session) and it didn't dawn on me to check until literally 5 seconds before the first run started. Which meant we ended up running the first training session of week 4...
And you know what? It wasn't too bad. A 5 minute walking warm up, followed by 3 minutes running, 1.30 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, 2.30 minutes walking, 3 minutes running, 1.30 walking, 5 minutes running and then a 5 minute cool down walk.
However today felt hard. I don't know why that is but we both find that 1 day in 3 is extra hard. Today was that day.
The programme really kicks it up a notch next week. It starts off quite innocuous with three 5 minute runs, separated by 3 minute walks but the 3rd day is 20 minutes - YES, 20 minutes - with NO walking breaks. At. All.
Today that feels like an impossible task. I hurt. My feet hurt, my tummy hurts, my calves hurt, my back hurts. And I'm tired. My eyes are stinging (although that could be hay fever...?).
We're going for it though.
Friday, 23 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Keep it up - it's amazing how the thought is far worse than the actuality! When you've run for your first 20 minutes, you'll feel soooooo good. x
Post a Comment