Saturday, 3 April 2010

Stage 1 Complete

And to say I'm tired would be an understatement.

I'm on a mission. A mission to simplify. A mission to de-clutter. A mission to make my home a haven not a hell - or should that be a heaven not a hell...? And today we completed stage 1.

Stage 1:


  • Empty out the children's play room. Completely empty it.

  • Empty out my office, including the 2 ram-packed cupboards.


Next comes stage 2. This is a relatively simple stage.

Stage 2:








See told you that stage was simple. Enjoyable even.

Stage 3 is the bit where I balk a little because what I failed to mention is that currently the contents of stage 1 have been dumped in the conservatory so this stage looks like this:

Stage 3:

  • Sort out the pile of 'stuff I can't believe one family can accumulate in a short space of time'.


This does look like a fairly simple stage but believe me it won't be. It will take days. Perhaps weeks but let's not hope months. In fact I could quite easily get lost in amongst the piles of stuff in that room. I should probably inform someone before I start to tackle it so that if they don't hear from me in a day or so they know to alert a search and rescue party.

If I'm brave I may even post a photo of this room... maybe... if I'm feeling very brave...

1 comments:

Natty said...

Good luck with that Jools! Jealous of your big desk, I'd wanted that one but there was no way I could have fitted it in. :o( Pesky positioning of radiator and built in cupboard!

Post a Comment