At long last I have managed to get down to some scrapbooking. It feels like forever since I've got my cardstock, scissors and glue out to play. I blame the children! They and their school holidays severely upset my artistic timetable.
And what is even better than creating a LO? One that just comes together, simply, easily and you just know is right. Richard and I were talking earlier about how Katarina, when she first started talking, always said 'kenzu' instead of thank you. We thought it was so cute and even when she started saying thank you properly we still used to say kenzu sometimes because it was funny.
Anyway, talking and reminiscing about this made me want to scrap the memory, after all this is why I do what I do. So I immediately went through my photo storage boxes to find an appropriate photo for that time period. This photo is one of my favourites and I thought it was apt because it almost looks like she is bowing as if to say 'thank you'.
It's a departure from my usual style but I have to say I am
really pleased with this layout. It's very simple but that's just the
way I like it. It was inspired in part by one of Renee Pearson's recent blogs, which was recommended recently by Michelle, (Renee's blog can be found here), where she talked about how legendary designer Roger Black
considers red, black and white the perfect colour palette: striking,
readable and in perfect contrast. And partly because I recently
acquired a copy of Heidi Swapp's 'Love Your Handwriting' book and I am
slowly trying to learn to love my handwriting!
0 comments:
Post a Comment